Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Mock Interview Posts

I really enjoyed practicing the interview that i am highly looking forward to.  I noticed many things that i need to practice, and i also received several ideas on possible questions to expect.  
One of the most important things that was pointed out from my interviewer was that feeling comfortable in a situation allows us to eloquently "wing-it" and not prepare the best we can.  I feel like i really need to practice my PAR stories and be able to simply state the problem, action, and result.  I feel as if i over-complicate my PAR stories.  
Vocabulary is another crucial element to an interview.  Many interviewers have strong opinions on how the vocabulary of the interviewee in the initial phase is important.  I know that i definitely need to improve my professional vocabulary and stop using specific words so frequently.
Overall, i really enjoyed this experience and found it valuable to my professional life.  It is not too often that we get to practice these interviews in a professional setting.  Usually the practice we receive is in front of a mirror, or recited to a two-year old brother.  I am excited to be able to apply the critique i received.  

No comments:

Post a Comment